Title of the practice: GUARDIANSHIP SYSTEM FOR STUDENTS
Objective of the practice: To improve performance in academic studies, encourage participation in co – curricular activities, and reduce the stress of students through personal counselling.
The context : Institution’s aim is to impart quality education and give close attention to every single student, thus bridging the gap between teachers and students. The institution is dedicated in providing support and motivation towards the students so that they can excel in all fields of life. Considering the student teacher ration in classrooms sometimes it is difficult to focus on every student’s need therefore the practical solution is a mentor who can connect with the needs of every student. Guardianship system provides a mentor to students , thereby enabling a fruitful process of teaching and learning.
- Every teacher is assigned with 15-20 students under their supervision which is to be followed till the duration of course.
- Guardianship groups along with their teacher in charge conduct meetings every once in a month to discuss about doubts, academic stress, and person problems as well.
- The teacher encourage the students to participate in various co curricular and extracurricular activities
- Teachers monitor the students progress in their studies and check their regularity in class
- In times of any emotional problems, teachers give counselling to students.
- Special care and attention are provided to weak students
- The teacher incharge also takes the lead in maintaining discipline and proper code of conduct among the students.
Evidence of success:
- Improvement in students academic performance
- Increase in attendance
- College produce toppers every year in university exam
- Good communication and understanding between students band teachers.
There has been so such major problems in practicing the guardianship system.
Title of the practice: Community Service
Objective of the practice: To expose the students in community engagement service. The college has been dedicated to provide practical knowledge to students by making them participate in various activities related to community work.
The context: Showing initiative and effort towards things that are important and volunteering for the same is necessary. The college has always sought to inculcate a sense of service among the students. It is vital for students to remain connected with their communities and to be role models. In order to achieve this, it is essential that students volunteer in local communities on a regular basis. NCC Unit, NSS Unit, Social Welfare and Eco Clubs, Red Ribbon Club are the key partakers in such regard.
- The different clubs and units of the institution actively indulge in organizing various programme that are associated with the welfare of society.
- World Environment Day, International Day Against Illicit Trafficking and Drug Abuse, Swachh Bharat and many other significant dates are observed throughout the year.
- The Eco Club and social welfare committee takes initiative in promoting activities that are of environmental concerns. Every year the club plays role in planting trees, conducting awareness programmes and maintaining a clean and Eco friendly environment.
- The NSS Unit is another active partakers in indulging student participation in community work. They organise social works, cleanliness campaigns, awareness programmes to further strength the role of youth in serving society for the better.
- NCC Unit also contributes massively in shaping the attitude of cadets towards service for society. They conduct activities centred around the participation of students toward community.
- The instruction has been a major contributor in directing the force towards the functioning of all the aforementioned activities.
Evidence of success:
- Improved students engagement in community service
- Students are now more aware of society problems and issues
- Students learn the spirit of team work and leadership skills
- Increased self-confidence and efficiency among students
Sometimes the targeted area for community service is quite far which creates a hassle in transportation for the volunteers.